Actually it doesn’t cost that much just to film your wedding. Filming it is only part of it. In past decades it was more a case of film the day on a very large tape cassette and more or less handing it off to the bride and groom. Nowadays it’s all digital and needs to be processed.
Here’s what our prices cover:
- Filming time
- Time for Editing of film footage
- DVD Design and Construction
- Printing and DVD Production Costs
- Cost of DVD materials – discs, covers, cases. (3 DVDs or Blu Rays in total)
- Travel costs (up to a 50 mile radius from our offices)
- Postage costs if necessary
On average I spend between 30 to 50 hours editing and producing each wedding video, looking through the footage to find the best shots, trim and refine them, order them to create and tell a story accompanied by music if necessary and create a Timeline to structure the flow of the footage. Then I have to create DVD Master Discs, test each one, make corrections if necessary, re-edit accordingly, re-Master a disc, test again. If the disc is good to go then I need to design the disc covers and for printing onto the disc itself and print 3 copies of these.
So, as you can see, there’s a whole lot more involved than just filming the day!